Thursday, December 13, 2012

Speech Critique

After watching my video of my speech I can appropriately make a couple of critiques of myself.  I thought after watching the video that I could have made more eye contact with the audience.  Since, I was using note cards I had none to little hand gestures used.  There were a couple of awkward pauses that were made because I had lost my spot reading off of the note cards and the individual recording was making hand gestures indicating to me how many minutes had gone by.  I believe that I had good vocal clarity and volume throughout the speech.  During the research of my speech I had used good reputable sources and did cite those sources throughout the speech.  The information was organized well but I do believe that I should have made more lengthy pauses during the transition points to make it clear to the listener that there was a shift in topics being covered.  I felt prior to my speech that I was adequately prepared but it seemed no matter how many times I had rehearsed my speech to myself, the nervousness kicked in and all the practice for my speech went out the window.  I feel overall that the speech went well.

No comments:

Post a Comment